guardian AMBULANCE EMT-BASIC CLASS
BEGINS MARCH 1, 2021 | florence, SC
The Guardian Ambulance Training Academy is proud to present an accelerated, 10-week EMT-Basic class. Selected candidates will have their tuition costs completely paid for through Apprenticeship Carolina. Students will become a full-time employee of Guardian Ambulance with a classroom wage and full benefits with a two-year Guardian Ambulance employment commitment upon successful EMT-B certification.
Guardian Ambulance is seeking driven, dedicated candidates interested in taking the first step to join the emergency medical services industry. Your EMT certification is the first step in a career in EMS or can be a steppingstone to careers in public safety and health care.
The class is presented in partnership with Florence-Darlington Technical College’s continuing education department.
40-hour weekly schedule (includes 80 total clinical hours)
Classes begin March 1, 2021 and continue for 10 weeks
Apply now and pay a nominal fee to take the pre-qualification aptitude test.
Florence-Darlington Technical College,
320 W. Cheves St., Forence, SC 29501
how to appy
Step 1: Fill out an application below.
Step 2: If you meet the requirements, you will receive an email with detailed instructions for taking the pre-qualification aptitude test and uploading required documentation. A nominal fee is required to take the test.
Step 3: A hiring manager will contact applicants who qualify for an interview.
Guardian Ambulance, in partnership with Florence-Darlington Technical College, will provide all training at no cost to the student, including:
- FREE tuition & certification fees (National Registry, South Carolina) to all students through Florence-Darlington Technical College, supported by a U.S. Department of Labor grant awarded to Apprenticeship Carolina.
- Paid wages ($10/hr.) and full benefits package during training.
- Offer available for a two-year employment commitment.
- Upon passing exam, EMTs are ready to work on an ambulance making up to $30,000 a year with room to grow up to $45,000 with additional shift-friendly, sponsored paramedic certification.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a high-school diploma or GED
- Be 18 years of age or older
Our EMT-Basic course is held in conjunction with Florence-Darlington Technical College and follows the National Standard Curriculum as defined by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (www.nremt.org). Upon successful completion of our program, you will have the necessary skills and knowledge to pass both the cognitive and psychomotor exams required by NREMT. All of our clinical third rides will be completed on our Advanced Life Support and Basic Life Support ambulances. Being able to provide you real-life emergency experience sets our program apart from others. You will be actively engaged and challenged to be a part of our team.